Topic: The Light at Mission Viejo
- Why did Jesus need to die?
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[b] Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
The payment for sin is death, but the gift that God freely gives is everlasting life found in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
- Why did Jesus need to rise from the dead?
- To prove he was who he claimed to be.
Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.”39 He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. Matthew 12
- It is the power of the Resurrection that saves and redeems us.
Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. John 5
- It is the power of the Resurrection power that gives us strength to overcome.
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Luke 10:19
- It is by the power of the Resurrection that we have strength to live.
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. II Peter 1:3
We also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christfrom the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 1:19 -20
- It is by the power of the Resurrection that we have hope.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
I Peter 1:3
The people asked Jesus, "what are the things God wants us to do?" Jesus said, "The work God wants you to do is this; to believe in the one that God sent . . . John 6:28
(32) My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. God's bread is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." The people said, "Sir, give us this bread always." Then Jesus said, "I am the bread that gives life. He who comes to me will never be hungry. He who believes in me will never be thirsty . . .
(47) I tell you the truth. He who believes has eternal life. I am the bread that gives life . . .
(50) Here is the bread that comes down. If anyone eats this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh. I will give my flesh so that the people in the world may have life." "I tell you the truth. You must eat the flesh of the Son of Man. And you must drink his blood . . .
(56) Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me, and I live in him . . .
(58b) I am the bread that came down from heaven. He who eats this bread will live forever."
The followers said, "This is a hard saying, who can accept it."
(68) Peter said, "Lord where would we go, You have the words that give eternal life. We believe in you."
"Jesus was given to die for our sins. And he was raised from death to make us right with God. We have been made right with God because of our faith." Romans 4:25-5:1